Campus & Classroom Protocols
For the health and safety of all students and staff – parents are required to assist their children with a daily self screening for COVID-19 symptoms and fever before arriving to school, or boarding school transportation.
Per TEA “In evaluating whether an individual has symptoms consistent with COVID-19, consider the following questions: Have they recently begun experiencing any of the following in a way that is not normal for them?"
- Feeling feverish or a measured temperature greater than or equal to 100.0 degrees Fahrenheit
- Loss of taste or smell
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- Sore throat
- Exaggerated shivering
- Significant muscle pain or ache
Health and Hygiene Practice: Masks/Face Covering
Schools are required to comply with the Governor’s executive order regarding the wearing of masks. In addition to the Governor’s executive order, TEA has provided school districts with guidance that can require the use of masks or face shields for adults or students for whom it is developmentally appropriate. Academy of Accelerated Learning’s Return to School Phase in protocols require the following in regards to the wearing of face masks and will be reviewed upon the end of the first grading period.
Academy of Accelerated Learning asks all students and staff to provide their own face covering from home. Academy of Accelerated Learning will make every effort to provide a face covering to those unable to provide their own or should an individual’s face covering become ineffective during school hours. Academy of Accelerated Learning safety protocols for student masks/face coverings/face shields have been updated to ensure consistency and to maximum safety protocols and protections across all buildings and grade levels. Facial coverings required for all district staff.
- All staff are required to wear a mask, face covering, or face shield when in a Academy of Accelerated Learning facility.
- Students, grades PK-8 are required to wear a mask, face covering, or face shield upon arrival to school and dismissal, when riding buses, in hallways, common areas, and in classrooms.
- Students in grades PK are required to wear a mask, face covering, or face shield upon arrival and dismissal, in the hallways, common areas, on the school bus and, when developmentally appropriate, in the classrooms.
Academy of Accelerated Learning recognizes our younger students and their range of abilities, including the wearing of a facial covering during classroom instruction, may vary due to the child's stage of development. Alternative measures of safety are available for our younger students who may not be able to wear a facial covering at all times when inside the classroom. Parents of PK grade students are encouraged to contact their child's campus principal or campus nurse with questions regarding the wearing of a facial covering within the classroom.
Face coverings include non-medical and medical grade disposable face masks and cloth face coverings (over the nose and mouth), and face shields. Full-face shields may be used in place of a mask to protect eyes, nose, and mouth and must cover one's face, extending below the chin.
- Instructional day temperature checks required for new enrollees and late arrival students
- No outside food or gift deliveries will be accepted
- Visitors, non-essential to school operations, will not be given access to the campus including on the first day of school and during scheduled meal times
- Parents/volunteers required to conduct campus visits by phone, virtual or by pre-scheduled appointment
- No student field trips during the instructional day
- No large group gatherings or events will be held during the instructional day or evenings
Employee Health Protocols
- All staff are required to complete a daily self screening for symptoms prior to arriving to work
- All staff must practice appropriate hand hygiene, respiratory etiquette and social distancing
- All staff are required to wear a facial covering while in classrooms, common spaces, and when social distancing cannot occur
- All staff are expected to clean and sanitize work space before and after use
Student Health Protocols
- All students are required to complete a daily self screening for symptoms prior to arriving to school or boarding school transportation
- All students are provided daily guidance on proper hand hygiene, respiratory etiquette and social distancing
- All students, grades Pre-K through 3, are required to wear a facial covering upon arrival to school and dismissal, when riding a bus, in hallways, common areas and in classrooms, to the extent it is developmentally appropriate. Our grade Pre-K through 3 teachers are prepared to be flexible and patient when accommodating the wearing of a facial covering with regard to students' developmental stage and abilities.
- All students, grades K through 8, are required to wear a facial covering upon arrival to school and dismissal, when riding a bus, in hallways, common areas and in classrooms
- All facial coverings should cover the nose and mouth
- All students must be up-to-date with state required immunization compliance
- All students are provided sanitizing wipes to clean work space before classroom instruction begins and ends
- All students are encouraged to use hand sanitizer before classroom instruction begins and ends
- All students are seated with as much separation as feasible during the instructional day
- Campuses are cleaned throughout the instructional day with an emphasis on cleaning high traffic and multiple touch areas, including door handles, restrooms, large group transition areas, cafeteria between meals
- Hand sanitizer stations are located in multiple areas throughout the campus
- Transportation personnel disinfect school buses between runs
- Signage for proper hygiene practices is visibly posted at multiple locations